Lauren looked so beautiful and grown-up today. Here lately I have had a pain in my heart when I look at her, because I have this sense that she won't be mine for long. Crazy I know, she is only 8....but just noticing how taller she has become has made me think how fast time is flying by.
Halle has been a little toot lately, but such a loveable little toot! She knows baby sign language for please, thank-you, book, banana, drink, eat, change, shoes, socks, and probably some more that I can't think of right now. Lauren objects to her use of "thank-you" because she uses it when she wants something, and before you give her permission. She has figured out that it is something we desire for her to say, or sign, and are very pleased when she does. The fact that she has figured this out makes me laugh. She loves music, MoMo (Elmo), and Min-Min (Minnie Mouse), the funny thing is, when she asks for either of the latter two, it is with her deep smoker's voice. The sound of it is enough to send me off into spells of laughter. Where this voice came from, I have no idea. I love it though. It just makes me wonder what she will be when she grows up. With her funny voice and sense of humor, I am sure we are in for some funny memories in the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment